Sunday, January 24, 2010

My mind has officially been blown...

Today was missions sunday at church and a missionary Bob was speaking. He completely blew my mind with this thought..

We must all go. We all must give. We won't all go to the same place, BUT we will all give the same. We must give everything and live off what God gives us back.

Wow, so the whole service I am thinking about how some Christians say they are being called to certain things, but every Christian is called to some kind of mission. Then I started thinking am I trying to mask God's desire for my life with my desire for my life, a comfortable life that won't ever cause me to need to stand out for something I believe in?

Do we just say we want to know God's will for our life simply because we think that is the Christian thing to say? Or do we truely desire to know God's will for our life even if it disrupts the easy "American Dream" and causes us to leave our extremely comfortable lives as we know it?
Are we simply doing just enough to get by and make it in to Heaven? Or are we giving our all for Christ? I believe He deserves our all, I also understand it isn't the easiest thing to not have any control in a situation and to fully trust Him that everything will work out mostly because things won't always work out the way that we want it to but the way that God wants it to.

Just some random thoughts that had been stirred up in my heart today..Any thoughts from your side?

No comments:

Post a Comment